There are times tennis learners stop their participation to the sports not long after they started.
There are reasons of courses, but if not factors outside tennis, I believe there are something noticeable.
- Boring – sometimes focus on a specific skills too long.
- Frustrated – no one will expect to be superstar overnight, on the other hand, let tennis players feeling a progression to success is a powerful motivation.
As a coach:
- Find out the cause of failure.
- Help learner feel the success.
- Setup a suitable environment for learner to practice and get improvement.
- Let learners achieve their goals, not coach always define their ways.